Unangband 0.6.2 work in progress 5a has been released. This is a work in progress release so please save regularly.
You can download the source code from http://download.berlios.de/unangband/unangband-062-wip5a-src.zip
Edit: The Windows executable is now downloadable.
You can download a windows executable from
For those of you compiling direct from the CVS, please note that I will be transitioning from CVS to SVN shortly. I am also somewhat 'ahead' of this release in CVS at the moment.
Please report any bugs to http://developer.berlios.de/bugs/?group_id=331
- Added some low level priest spells and defined some pre-requisites for basic priest
- Dungeon generation has been comprehensively revised and improved for correctness.
- You now dodge towards any monster you are attacking, which means ranged attacks can hit
them instead, and that you can charge in the opposite direction the following turn.
- Blocking now last two turns.
- Added alchemical formulas. These allow potion specialists to inscribe a formula on a
potion, scroll or lite object to modify how the object explodes. e.g. =1l causes any
explosion to lite up the area it affects. =3r makes potion have radius 3. =2d makes potion
do double damage. There are currently 15 different letters for you to discover, which can
be combined. e.g. =3r2d.
- Added a comprehensive set of death messages for various types of self-inflicted and
- You can now damage yourself with bolt and (more importantly) ball spells.
- Thrown potions now explode with a fake 'nothing' effect if they have no effect
(Suggested by Mikolaj).
- Updated to allow radius 2 monster lites, improved glowing terrain and dropping a lit light to
allow it to lite up the surroundings.
- No ice-themed dungeons at shallow depth (Reported by Pete Mac). In general, dungeon
features should be chosen a little more appropriately regards for depth.
- Food descriptions improved (Reported by Pete Mac).
- Dungeon connectivity should be greatly improved (Reported by Pete Mac and others).
- Made staffs brandable (Requested by jevansau1).
- Further work on allowing doors and walls to display different orientations in isometric mode.
- You can now examine more items in shops. This now allows you to browse spellbooks
(Requested by pebepe).
- Fix bug causing guardian uniques to be accompanied by out of depth monsters (Reported
by Matthias Rudolf).
- Fix major bug with level_flags.
- Adjust recommended classes to minimise very negative stats.
- Improvements to allow player to be accidentally crushed by closing a sliding wall on themselves.
- Fix a number of infinite loops and crashes in dungeon generation.
- Fix strange messages for monster name display in various circumstances (Reported by
- Fixed problems with monster escorts and monster summoning picking invalid monsters or
too tough monsters (Reported by matthiasrudolf).
- Fixed objects lost in stairs created by quests (Fix by Mikolaj).
- Fixed exploit where player created traps would allow additional items to be created (Reported
- Fixed bugs around room walls not being lit correctly (Reported by Mikolaj).
- Fixed bug using repeat command and wands of wonder (Reported by matthiasrudolf).
Monday, 4 June 2007